Wearing Slippers Is Illegal In NY And Other Strange Laws
Have you ever been told that something was illegal and you just didn't understand it?
I remember when I first moved to New York back in 2005 and the no smoking in bars law was passed, my brother came to visit and just couldn't understand why he had to keep going outside.
In Pennsylvania, where I'm from it's illegal to spit on the sidewalk. It's not enforced but it is illegal.
New York is no stranger to the dumb laws either because there are about 12 laws that make no sense but still exist.
It is illegal to:
- Wear slippers in public after 10pm
- Throw a ball at someone's head
- In person flirting ( $25 fine)
- Releasing 25 or more Helium filled balloons
- Display tourism signs along the road (yes, the ones that the state puts up)
- Riding a mechanical bull
- Passing a sanitation truck
There are more that you can see HERE
I'm glad they don't enforce the flirting one because I'd be broke (don't tell my wife)