Where Can You Get Passport Photos in the Hudson Valley?
Are you looking to get out of the area? Finally, decided to take that trip to Italy? Ireland or Mexico? There is something that you are going to need to make that journey a possibility, a Passport. While you might have been hearing nightmares about passports taking so long to be processed, you can't even begin that journey to fulfill your travel dreams without filling out the application, and that application needs photos. Very specific photos.
What are the requirements for photos for a United States Passport? Can you take the photos yourself? Or do you need to go to a place to have those photos taken, if so where are those places that you can just walk in and get the pics? Keep reading, that info is below, and get yourself ready to travel!
What are the picture requirements for any US Passport application?
According to the United States Department of State (aka the people behind the passports) here are the must haves/must do's for your passport photo:
- Just one photo, which must be in color and it has to have been recent, which to them means it has to have been taken in last 6 months. The photo must be 2 inches by 2 inches
- Make sure that it is a nice clear picture of your face. Don't put a filter on it or they will reject your application, causing massive delays.
- They also suggest that you have someone else take your photo, don't use a selfie.
- They need to have the photo of you, pardon the wording, but a photo of you head on.
- Wear glasses? You will need to take them off when you are having your photo taken. You'll also need to take them off when you got through the electronic passport control machines.
- What kind of background should your photo be in front of? Something either white or off-white only. Make sure that the background is not gray, and there are no shadows, or any texture or lines, etc. They want a very plain background.
So you don't have to 'go to a place' to get your passport photos, if you have the ability to print them out yourself and have someone else take your photo. Just want to get it done and get those photos taken? Keep reading the walk-in locations are below.
Where can you get a passport photo taken in the Hudson Valley NY?
You can walk-in to the following places to get photos with-in just a few minutes, depending on how busy they are:
- Walgreens, CVS, Staples Stores, some UPS Stores, and a few Rite Aids will also be able to take them, but double check before heading to the store.
- Also, if you go to a United States Postal Service Passport Application Day event, they will (for a few) also be able to take the photos for you.
Best of luck on your travels. Let us know where you are headed!