Paloma “the Other Cocktail” to Make With Tequila
Thinking about kicking back with a refreshing cocktail? What do you have in the house? Tequila, but you are not wanting a Margarita? Tequila Sunrise not your thing? Reminds you of a bad weekend years ago or it's an Eagles song that you do not want stuck on repeat?
There is another option and it is a good one. Tasty good. It's called a Paloma. It is Tequila and grapefruit, pink grapefruit if that's all you have will work too. Some people make it with the grapefruit juice and others will add a splash of grapefruit soda, like Fresca, Sanpellegrino, Squirt or Fever Tree Grapefruit. Think of it as they will all work, but what does your supermarket have. That is the best soda to get, because it is the easiest one for you to grab.
Here is the recipe, from thespruceeats.com
- 2 ounces (or 1/4 cup) tequila (blanco or reposado)
- 1/2 ounce or 1 Tablespoon lime juice (fresh)
- 4 ounces (or 1/2 cup) grapefruit soda (or enough to fill the glass)
Fill a pint glass with ice, then add the tequila and lime juice. Top it off with the grapefruit soda. If you can't find grapefruit soda, add 1/4 cup of grapefruit juice and then fill the rest of the glass with club soda or seltzer. Give it a slight stir with a butter knife or bartenders spoon and you are all set. Enjoy.
Listen to Morning With Brandi weekdays from 6 AM to noon through your 94.3 Lite FM mobile app. Connect with 94.3 Lite FM on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- What's a 'Kill' and Why Does New York Have So Many of Them?
- 5 Things You Didn't Know Happened in Newburgh
- Tips for Ramp Hunting in the Hudson Valley
- The Poughkeepsie Tapes: True Story or Hudson Valley Horror Movie?
- Hudson Valley Restaurants