Two New York Distilleries Win Big at San Francisco Competition
Congratulations to two New York distilleries who won awards in a recent big San Francisco competition.
The San Francisco World Spirits Competition took place in March and there were over 5,000 entries from worldwide distilleries. Can you imagine being the judge at one of those competitions? Sign me up if they need help at any time!
Here are the awards that the distilleries brought back home to New York. Have you tried them, do you agree?
- Best Small Batch Bourbon – Up to 5 Years: Kings County Distillery Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon, New York, USA
- Best Flavored Whiskey: Catskill Provisions New York Honey Rye Whiskey, New York, USA
The above award winners are from the category, "2020 Best In Show and Best Of Class." This is the 20th year of the competition and as a spirits lover, I am glad they were able to hold the competition before the Covid shutdowns. Now, if we could just get to the distilleries so we could sample the award winners. Cheers to the continuing growth and awesomeness that is the New York Craft Spirits movement.
Listen to Morning With Brandi weekdays from 6 AM to noon through your 94.3 Lite FM mobile app. Connect with 94.3 Lite FM on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley 2020 Fireworks
- What's a 'Kill' and Why Does New York Have So Many of Them?
- 5 Things You Didn't Know Happened in Newburgh
- 5 Hudson Valley Made Whiskey's That Make Great Gifts
- The Poughkeepsie Tapes: True Story or Hudson Valley Horror Movie?
- Can a Funeral Procession Run Red Lights in NY?