New York State wants to know what you think.

 The New York State Thruway Authority is interested in getting public feedback on the proposed toll increase they are set to put into effect in 2024.

Get our free mobile app

They had set up 5 different public meetings across the state. Four of them will be in person and one will be a virtual hearing.

The four in-person hearings are set to be held on May 8 in Cheektowaga, May 9 in Onondaga County; May 16 in Rockland County; and May 22 in Albany County.

The virtual hearing, which would be the last of the series is set to be held on June 5.

Here are the locations and times for the public hearings.

  • Monday, May 8, 2023
    4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
    NYS Thruway Authority Buffalo Division Headquarters
    455 Cayuga Road, Suite 800
    Cheektowaga, NY 14225
  • Tuesday, May 9, 2023
    4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
    NYS Fairgrounds (Bistro Room)
    581 State Fair Blvd
    Syracuse, NY 13209
  • Tuesday, May 16, 2023
    4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
    Palisades Center (Adler Community Room)
    1000 Palisades Center Drive
    West Nyack, NY 10994
  • Monday, May 22, 2023
    5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
    Glenmont Elementary School
    328 Route 9W
    Glenmont, NY 12077
  • Monday, June 5, 2023
    4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
    Virtual Public Hearing

If you wish to speak at the meeting, you will have to sign up and according to the Thruway Authority's website, you will have 5 minutes to speak.

Individuals attending the public hearings will be required to sign in to offer remarks. Speakers will be called up in the order that they signed up and written comments will be accepted at the meetings as well. Speakers will have five minutes each to offer their remarks related to tolls and the current proposed toll adjustment. Remarks should be directed to panel members, not the audience and specifically relate to this topic.

 

Last December the Thruway Authority's board of directors voted to begin the process of raising tolls along New York's highways. Next year, tolls for New York E-ZPass users would increase by 5%, followed by another 5% hike in 2027, for a total of a 10% increase over the three years.

 The increase in tolls would begin on January 1st of 2024 and then again on January 1st, 2027.
Here is what the tolls would look like along the I-90 across New York State.
Photo Credit: New York State Thruway Authority
Photo Credit: New York State Thruway Authority
loading...

This would be the first increase in tolls since 2010.

5 New Laws You Should Know For 2023 In New York State

2023 comes some new laws that you need to know about.

The 5 Worst Places To Live In New York State

Every year the website Niche.com puts out a list o the best places to live in New York State. But what happens when you go to the very end of the list?

New York's Top 10 Most Stolen Cars In 2022

If you plan on getting a new or used vehicle this year, you might want to know what thieves like to target the most. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't buy that style of vehicle, but know if you do, you should make sure you have some sort of anti-theft device for it.

More From 94.3 Lite FM