MetroNorth Updates Rider Covid Info Details 9/28/20
Thinking about taking the train into New York City or maybe just a few stops along the transit line? Feel confident in doing so? Metro North continues to look into ways to keep riders and employees safe during this time.
Metro North even updating their requirements for riders (as of September 28, 2020). Here are a few of the things you need to keep in mind if you would like to take a ride on any of the train lines serviced by Metro North in the Hudson Valley;
- All rides must wear a mask or a face covering while on the train or on a platform.
- Persons who refuse to wear a mask or a face covering could be charged with a $50 fine. Can't get a mask, lost yours or just don't have one? Allegedly (according to the mta.info website) a Metro North worker will give you one if you ask.
- If you are going to be riding on the train, you will get the added bonus of only having to pay an off-peak fare, regardless of when you will be traveling.
- Cleaning of trains, train cars, stations, etc continues to take place on a regular basis.
- You are encouraged to travel during 'less busy times' and use hand sanitizer while on the trains and then you are encouraged to wash your hands when you get to your final destination.
- Remember to maintain a 'social distance' at all times.
- If you have additional questions or need to speak to someone in person, you are encouraged to make an appointment. Appointments are limited and given out on a first come, first served basis. Appointment details can be found, by clicking here.
gallery galleryid="341:258240" gallerytitle="LET'S GO: The most popular historic sites in America"]