The Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival Prepares for the 2023 Season
Welcome Hudson Valley to this week’s edition of IN TOUCH, the public affairs and issues program that runs across Townsquare Media of the Hudson Valley radio stations.
This week’s guest is Kendra Ekelund, Managing Director at the Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival. Kendra and I discuss the festival’s recent move, what to expect for the 2023 season, and the cultural and educational impact the festival has on the Hudson Valley community.
We invite you to join us, and listen to a previously recorded video call between Kendra Ekelund and myself here on In Touch.
Just to get an idea of the incredible work that the Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival does, take a look at this recap of their 2022 season.
In 2022, contribution from generous audience members like you supported...
- Over 50 innovative performances under the Tent for more than 13,000 audience members;
- Prologue pre-show talks and family workshops for over 500 audience participants;
- Theater arts workshops combined with touring productions for over 15,000 students and educators at 40 regional schools;
- New and innovative community programs, such as Highland Lights; + Our annual Bake-Off playwriting workshops and share out;
- Training for over 200 artists and educators; and,
- The future of American Shakespeare in the New York Metro region for years to come!
- Give today to help continue this important work: hvshakespeare.org/donate
Thank you to everyone who listened to In Touch in 2022. Last year saw a lot of growth with this program, and we expect even more to come in 2023. You can find In Touch episodes new and old on your favorite streaming services like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher and more! That, and listen On Demand with your Townsquare Radio Station Mobile App. Of course, you can still find all articles and audio under the In Touch Tab on this radio station’s app and website. And don’t forget, we are also on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram @intouch_hv.
If you like what we do here on In Touch, and want to be on the show, let us know! Whether you have a topic you want discussed or you want to be a guest, the best way to contact us is through our office number 845-471-1500 or email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’ve been your host, Conor Walsh. Until next time, stay curious, keep an open mind, and as always, I’m glad we get to Spend Some Time.