Early Voting 2020 Details for Dutchess & Ulster Counties
Election Day is November 3, 2020. How is the day of Election Day selected? It is always the Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The earliest voting could take place is November 2, the latest would be November 8. For 2020, the first Monday in November is the 2nd, so Election Day is 11/3/2020.
For registered voters in New York State, you have the option of taking advantage of "Early Voting." What is "Early Voting?" It is where you can cast your ballot at one of five specific locations throughout Dutchess and Ulster counties. Early voting will take place October 24, 2020 through November 2, 2020.
You can visit any one of the five designated early voting centers for your county during the open hours. When you get to your voting center it will be very similar to when you vote at your regular polling location. You will receive a ballot, make your selections, then proceed to the machine to have your ballot counted.
If you attend one of the early voting sessions, you will not also be able to cast a vote in person at your regular polling location. Remember one person, one vote.
Here are the Early Voting Center locations for Dutchess County:
- Rhinebeck Town Hall 80 East Market Street, Rhinebeck
- Millbrook Fire House 20 Front Street, Millbrook
- DC Board of Elections 47 Cannon Street, Poughkeepsie
- Boardman Road Library 141 Boardman Rd, Poughkeepsie
- Fishkill Town Hall 807 Route 52, Fishkill
Here are the Early Voting Center locations for Ulster County:
- Woodstock Community Center, 56 Rock City Rd., Woodstock
- Midtown Neighborhood Center, 467 Broadway, Kingston
- New Paltz Community Center, 3 Veterans Dr, New Paltz
- Highland American Legion, 84 Grand St., Highland
- Ellenville Public Library Community Room, 40 Center St., Ellenville
If you want to request an absentee ballot, fill it out, but don't want to mail it back, you will be able to drop off your completed ballot at one of the early voting locations or in person at the county board of elections.
For more details about the early voting (and voting times), absentee ballots, or drop-off voting, click on the link for your counties Board of Elections.