Do You Put Trash Cans Out on Columbus Day? It Depends
Columbus Day 2020 will be taking place on Monday October 12, 2020 (also known as Indigenous Persons Day) and what is a popular thing Mondays in the Hudson Valley? Putting your trash cans out, of course. Most people do this the night before they have their trash pick up.
So this coming Monday (10/12/2020) is Columbus Day. Well? Depending on where you live, it could be your trash pick up day. So sometime this weekend you will be asking yourself, 'Do I put the trashcans out tonight? Or do I want until Monday night for a Tuesday pick-up?'
Here is your answer:
- Royal Carting and Welsh Sanitation, yes put your cans out on normal schedule
- County Waste & Recycling, yes put your cans out on normal schedule
- Recycle Depot, yes, put your cans out on a normal schedule
- City of Poughkeepsie, yes, put your cans out on the normal schedule
- City of Kingston, no, do not put your cans out on the normal schedule. There will not be refuse or recycling pick up on this day.
In our research, the holidays that will delay your trash pick up are the following:
- Memorial Day,
- Independence Day,
- Labor Day,
- New Year's Day
As always double check by contacting your garbage company. Have you ever put your cans out when you have not needed to? Do you find yourself glancing up and down the street to see if your neighbors have put their cans out? And when you do put the cans out a day a head of time, accidentally, do you bring them back up to the house and put them out again the next day or just leave them at the end of the driveway?