Celebrate Pi Day; Who’s Got the Best Pie in the Hudson Valley?
Pi Day (3.14) is celebrated on March 14 every year. That got us to thinking, 'Who has the best Pie in the Hudson Valley?" Of course we have a few thoughts on the subject, but we also want to hear your suggestions. Just to be clear, for this type of Pie, we are talking about sweet pies, like apple, fruit, custard etc, no savory pies like quiche.
According to a few different sources, here are the best places to get pies in the Hudson Valley:
- Apple Pie Bakery at the Culinary Institute of America
- The Bakery in New Paltz
- DuBois Farms, Highland
- Adams Fairacre Farms, All Locations
- Palace Diner, Poughkeepsie
- Los Hornitos Bakery, Wappingers
- Frida’s Bakery, Milton
- Newburgh Flour Shop, Newburgh
- Pastry Garden, Poughkeepsie
- Paesano’s Bakery, Fishkill
- Rockland Bakery of Newburgh
- Something Sweet Dessert Cafe, Middletown
- Soon's Orchard, New Hampton
- Mad Batters, Highland, Gluten-Free options, no longer a storefront, but takes orders online.
What is your favorite place when you want either a slice of pie or a whole pie? Also, what is your favorite kind of pie?
Help me out. Have you ever had the 'Fruit of the Forest' Pie? Buttermilk Pie? Or even Shoofly Pie? It appears that each one of us, has a favorite. Fruit of the Forest, was a type of fruit pie that I had never experienced until about 10 years ago or so, I was in one of the wholesale clubs and they were doing a Thanksgiving Pie sampling. From what I can tell, it is just all of the fruits in one pie. Apple, Cherry, Peach, and depending on who is making it, there might even be some blueberries in it.
So, what is your fave? Have a recipe that you would like to share? Send it on over!