9 Poughkeepsie Roads To Avoid During Rush Hour
Getting around Poughkeepsie can be a hassle at times. It might be a good idea to avoid these areas at rush hour to help maintain your sanity.
Here's a look at the Top 9, (numbers shown are automobiles per day pre-pandemic):
- Route 9: 63,296
- Route 44: 46,377
- Mid Hudson Bridge: 43,370
- Route 55: 36,599
- Route 376: 26,978
- Spackenkill Road: 22,786
- Vassar Road: 19,144
- Innis Avenue: 15,020
- Main Street: 14,595
The full data set can be found here courtesy of the NYS DOT. For this article, multiple entries along Poughkeepsie roadways were eliminated and the highest total from that road used.
- What's a 'Kill' and Why Does New York Have So Many of Them?
- 5 Things You Didn't Know Happened in Newburgh
- Tips for Ramp Hunting in the Hudson Valley
- The Poughkeepsie Tapes: True Story or Hudson Valley Horror Movie?
- Hudson Valley Restaurants