Short 2020 MLB Season Set to Begin Next Month
This could be some of the best news sports fans have gotten in a very long time.
March 26 is a big day for baseball fans across the country. It's opening day but unfortunately, we were closed at the beginning of this year.
Many things in New York were shut down during the outbreak of COVID-19 to help flatten the curve. Professional sports were no exception during the pause.
Many baseball fans thought that they may have to wait another year for Major League Baseball but it looks like that's not the case. In fact, they may only have to wait another month. According to the New York Post, with health and safety regulations in place the 2020 MLB season is set to take place with a potential opening date on July, 24.
According to ESPN, the season will be shortened from the typical 162 games to 60 and players will receive 37% of their salaries.
- What's a 'Kill' and Why Does New York Have So Many of Them?
- 5 Things You Didn't Know Happened in Newburgh
- Tips for Ramp Hunting in the Hudson Valley
- The Poughkeepsie Tapes: True Story or Hudson Valley Horror Movie?
- Hudson Valley Restaurants