Police Seize Thousands of Dollars in Illegal Fireworks
Over the holiday weekend, state police seized thousands of dollars in illegal fireworks and made more than a dozen arrests.
Due to the number of complaints from the public, over the holiday weekend, State Police targeted people bringing illegal fireworks purchased in Pennsylvania into New York State.
State Troopers were highly visible along state highways and in the communities, we patrol, aggressively enforcing New York’s fireworks laws. Illegal fireworks pose significant safety hazards and can be very disruptive for neighbors and the surrounding community.
New York State Police arrested 21 individuals and charged them with unlawfully dealing with fireworks. Additional charges are pending in some cases.
As a result of the arrests, more than $27,000 in illegal fireworks were seized.
The enforcement detail ran through July 3, 2020.
- What's a 'Kill' and Why Does New York Have So Many of Them?
- 5 Things You Didn't Know Happened in Newburgh
- Tips for Ramp Hunting in the Hudson Valley
- The Poughkeepsie Tapes: True Story or Hudson Valley Horror Movie?
- Hudson Valley Restaurants