How Are You Celebrating National Donut Day, Hudson Valley?
Friday June 4th is a pretty sweet day, some might say, as we get to celebrate National Donut (or Doughnut if you're fancy) Day. Recognized as the first Friday in June each year, this frosted, sprinkle topped, and maybe even jelly-filled day is one you certainly don't want to miss out on.
There are plenty of ways for you to celebrate the day - maybe this year you want to get creative and test out your donut making skills at home? Delish has an easy to follow recipe if you want to get really fancy and start from scratch, or you might give the ol' canned biscuit donut recipe a try...
If you want to leave it to the experts, well, don't let these donut deals pass you by.
- Dunkin' will be celebrating National Donut Day by offering a free donut with any beverage purchase.
- If you're willing to travel a bit, Krispy Kreme is also offering any doughnut free, while supplies last. They also have an offer for a $1 original glazed dozen with the purchase of any dozen.
- If you want to take it to the next level at Krispy Kreme, remember, they're also offering a free glazed donut to those who are fully vaccinated, you just have to show your card.
- The folks at Glazed Over in Beacon are celebrating National Donut Day by teaming up with Melzingah's Tap House down the street for some donut specials. Take a look at these:
- Royale With Cheese - 2 1/4 lb beef sliders topped with melted cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles, served between two plain Glazed Over donuts.
- Bacon Egg & Cheese - Chili glazed bacon, a fried egg, melted cheddar cheese nestled between two pressed plain Glazed Over donuts, drizzled with Glazed Over’s famous maple glaze.
- Spicy Crispy Chicken - Sriracha glazed fried chicken, smoked ranch, shredded lettuce, and pickles served between two plain Glazed Over donuts.
Donut, or doughnut, however you decide to celebrate on the 4th, it is sure to be tasty!
The A-Z of Hudson Valley Restaurants
LOOK: Here are copycat recipes from 20 of the most popular fast food restaurants in America